As you explore this blog page, you'll find that we love the artistic inspiration that comes with autumn. We are excited about our latest resource inspired by the season. This cross-curricular lesson is also inspired by the lovely book, Out of Wonder: Poems Celebrating Poets by Kwame Alexander and illustrated by Ekua Holmes. Click on the picture to purchase the lesson. Also check out the simple Zentangle Leaf Art Lesson below.
Zentangle Leaf Art Lesson
Young artists in grades 3-5, will enhance their understanding of line and pattern by completing this art lesson.
1. Draw a large leaf on the white drawing paper with the pencil.
2. Create patterns using different types of lines in each section of the leaf.
3. Trace the design with the black sharpie and create an outline around the leak.
4. Color each section with a different color crayon.
5. Cut out the leaf design and glue it to the construction paper.
6. Decorate the edge of the construction paper with designs.